Navigate to the Capsule Creation Page
Navigate to "Data Capsules" on the top menu of HTRC Analytics.
Create a Capsule
Click Create A Capsule toward the top right.
You will be prompted to choose to create either a Demo Capsule or a Research Capsule
Create Demo Capsule
- Demo Capsules are not configureable and can access public domain content only.
- You cannot request to export derived data from a Demo Capsule.
Create Research Capsule
- Demo Capsules are configureable and by default can access public domain content only.
- You request to export derived data from a Research Capsule.
- Additional information is required to create your Capsule.
- During creation or after it's created, researchers from HathiTrust member institutions can request for their Research Capsule to be converted to one with computational access to the full HathiTrust corpus, including in-copyright content.
Capsule size can range from 2-4 VCPUs and from 4-16 GB of memory. The VCPUs and memory allocation you choose will affect the processing speed of your Capsule.
Add the description for your research project. These answers will be used to aid in reviewing requests to export results from your Capsule. The more information you can provide, the more easily we can assess your results for adherence to the HTRC's Non-consumptive Use Research Policy.
Check Capsule Status
After creating a capsule, you will be taken back to the Capsules page. By default the capsule you just created is not running.
Convert a Research Capsule
HathiTrust member-affiliated individuals can request to convert existing Research Capsules into one with access to the full HathiTrust corpus.