- Go to HTRC Analytics (https://analytics.hathitrust.org/)
- On the top right of the webpage, click on the "Sign Up" button.
- On the Sign Up page, enter requested information together with username you intend to use and password. The password must meet these requirements:
- Password must be more than 15 characters long.
- Password must contain characters from three of the following five categories:
- Uppercase characters of European languages (A through Z, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
- Lowercase characters of European languages (a through z, sharp-s, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Nonalphanumeric characters
- Any Unicode character that is categorized as an alphabetic character but is not uppercase or lowercase. This includes Unicode characters from Asian languages.
- Password must not contain any white spaces.
- Password must not contain your user ID.
Trouble shooting: if you can't successfully sign up
You need to have an academic email to sign up. We maintain a growing list of allowed email domains, e.g. emails ending with .edu or edu.ac or edu.tw. I you find you can't successfully sign up with your academic email then it's probably your email domain is not on the list. In this situation, please submit an account request by clicking on the request an account button within the error message on the page.
- You will receive an email in the email that you registered. Go to your email box, and follow the activation link in the email to activate your account.
- Now you have created an HTRC Analytics account, you can sign in. On the top right of the page, sign in with your username and password.