- Password must be more than 15 characters long.
- Password must contain characters from three of the following five categories:
- Uppercase characters of European languages (A through Z, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
- Lowercase characters of European languages (a through z, sharp-s, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Nonalphanumeric characters
- Any Unicode character that is categorized as an alphabetic character but is not uppercase or lowercase. This includes Unicode characters from Asian languages.
- Password must not contain any white spaces.
- Password must not contain your user ID.
Trouble shooting: if you can't successfully sign up
You need to have an academic unit email to sign up. We maintain a growing list of allowed email domains, e.g. emails ending with .edu or edu.ac or edu.tw, and so if you find you can't successfully sign up with your academic email then it's probably your email domain is not on the list. In this situation, please submit an account request by clicking on the "Request Account" button on the bottom of the Sign Up page.