Curious what kind of data-driven research and teaching others have done? Here are some examples of what is possible.
How They Did it Guide - In Search of Zora/When Metadata Isn’t Enough: Rescuing the Experiences of Black Women Through Statistical Modeling
- This guide (an approach inspired by Miriam Posner) gives a general overview of a topic modeling project that used the HathiTrust collection.
How They Did it Guide - Textual Geographies
- This guide (an approach inspired by Miriam Posner) gives a general overview of a natural language processing and mapping project that used the HathiTrust collection.
Extracted Features Use Cases and Examples
- Example use cases for how the Extracted Features Dataset can be used for research.
Extracted Features projects and publications
- "In the wild" uses of Extracted features for research, teaching, and reuse.
Class assignment using HathiTrust+Bookworm
- How HT+BW was used in a comparative literature course at the University of Michigan.
- Project write-ups describing processes and outcomes.
Extracting Illustrated Pages from Digital Libraries with Python
- Programming Historian lesson written by researcher Stephen Krewson.